Aachari bhindi masala2014-05-21
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 40m
Aachari bhindi masala is a dry dish prepared from strong achari (Pickled) masals and dahi. The strong and tangy flavour of this dish will add zing in your lunch. Can be served in lunch and with chapati and a gravy dish.
- 500 gms (approx 30 nos) ladies finger (bhindi)
- 2 tsp chopped ginger (adrak)
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh thick curds (dahi)
- 2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 3/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt to taste
- For achari masala 2 tsp fennel seeds (saunf) 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson) 1/2 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji) 1/4 tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
Take medium size ladies fingers and wash. Dry the washed bhindis with a kitchen towel. First slit the ladies fingers into half and then cut them into small 1 inch pieces.
Take a frying pan and add 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté the ladies finger in batches and collect them in a bowl.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add all the achaari masala to it and saute till seeds crackle. Take care not to over do these.
Add the chopped ginger and tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes or till the mixture leaves oil.
Meanwhile take a clean bowl and addd curd, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and whisk it till all the ingredients mix together.
Add this mixture to the pan containing the tomato mixture and mix well. Cook for another two three minutes.
Add the ladies finger which we had already sauté and cook for 2 more minutes on low heat