- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 1m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 1m
The procedure to prepare chainsoo is very easy and in winter it is very common in the houses of uttarakhand. Chainsoo is high protein dish of sabat kali urad dal (black gram) with a strong taste of coriander and garlic. It is a traditional pahari recipe.
- Black Gram seeds(Kali Urd) - 1 cup
- Oil - 1/2 cup ( preferably mustard oil)
- Cummin seeds - 1 tsp
- Green Chillies: 3
- Dry coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Water - 3 cups
- Salt - 3 tsp or to taste
- Heeng-1 pich
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
1. Roast urad dal for 3-5 minutes until it becomes aromatic. Grind the roasted seeds to a coarse powder.
2. Heat oil in the Kadahi and add garlic cloves. When the garlic turns light brown, add Cummin seed or so add the daal powder and fry it for 1-2 minute. Add turmeric powder, dry coriander powder, salt, garam masala, heeng and water. Bring it to boil.
3. Cover and Cook till the daal becomes very soft. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
4. Garnish with pure ghee and chopped coriander leaves.