- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
Kafuli is a yummy recipe prepared from palak or spinach in addition to the flavour of green chillies and methi.It is best served hot with either roti or steamed rice. It is one of the favourite food of Uttaranchal.
- Spinach (Palak ka saag) - 2 bunches
- Green chillies - 4 to 5
- Oil - 2 tbsp ( preferably mustard oil)
- Garlic - 4 to 5 cloves
- Cummin seeds - 1 tsp
- Ginger - 3 cm piece
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Dry Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Besan or Rice flour - 1 cup
- Curd- 2tbsp (optional)
- Water - 1-2 cup
- Salt - 2 tsp or to taste
1. Wash the spinach, cut it roughly and boil in a pressure cooker (2 whistles should be enough).
2. Grind the boiled mix of leaves , Add besan, curd and green Chillies.
3. Heat oil in the Kadahi and add garlic cloves and ginger. When the garlic turns light brown, add Cummin seed and asafetida. Add the spinach and besan paste. Mix well with the contents of the kadhai. Now add the turmeric powder, dry coriander powder and salt.
4. Add required amount of water to Kafuli and bring to boil.
5. Cover and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes on slow fire till the gravy is is thick. If dry add some water and boil.
6. Garnish with pure ghee and serve hot with roti or steamed rice.