- Yield : One medium bowl
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
Paneer jhalfrezi is a tasty and colourful dish which can be prepared in just a few minutes. This is a family favourite and cooked at home at least once a week. Using skimmed milk cottage cheese instead of whole milk cottage cheese is a healthier alternative. The protein content is not altered only the fat content is reduced which is advisable for health. Serve with roties.
- 300 grams skimmed milk cottage cheese cut into 1-inch fingers
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved and de-seeded
- 2 medium green capsicums halved
- 2 medium onions, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 dried red chilies, halved
- 1 inch ginger, cut into thin strips
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 and ½ tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
Cut the tomatoes and capsicums into thick slices. Separate the layers of the sliced onions.
Heat the oil in a non-stick kadai. Add the cumin seeds. When they change colour add the red chillies, ginger strips, green chillies and onions. Sauté for thirty seconds.
Stir in the chilly and turmeric powders. Add the capsicums and cook for two-three minutes. Add the cottage cheese and toss. Add the salt and vinegar and cook for two-three minutes. Stir in the tomato pieces and garam masala and cook for two minutes.
Garnish with the fresh coriander and serve hot.